There is no translation available.

How binding is the Tenancy Agreement I enter into?

A Tenancy Agreement is a legally binding document. You will be committed to paying rent until the end of the agreed term and you could be liable to legal action if you break the terms of the agreement. If your circumstances should change for any reason during your tenancy, please let us know, We can contact your Landlord and discuss the possible solutions. You should, however, always assume at the outset that you will be committed for the duration of the Agreement.

Does it matter whether the property is Fully Managed or Let Only?

If your chosen property is fully managed, then we will be your first point of contact for all matters associated with your tenancy including rent payment, maintenance and repair issues - we act on behalf of the landlord. Let Only means that we find tenants for the property and arrange the paperwork, then the Landlord takes over the management and holds your deposit or pays it into a protected scheme. Most properties are fully managed.

What if the difference between furnished or unfurnished?

Each property is obviously different but generally speaking unfurnished means that there will be no furniture or effects. You can, however, expect carpets, curtains and possibly some basic items. Furnished will offten include all the essential furnishings required to move in straight away apart from minor kitchen equipment and bedding. Short term lets and winter let holiday homes are usually more comprehensively furnished. We will supply you with an inventory showing exactly what is included with each property.

What fees will I pay to Tudor?

We charge a Referencing Administration Fee when you apply for a tenancy of your chosen property. If your application suceeds there is then an administrative charge for the preparation of the tenancy agreement. Should you renew your tenancy after each agreed term (usually six months), we will charge you a Renewal Fee. The amounts are confirmed on our Application Form. If you are not sure please ask.

Do I need insurance?

We recommend that you should arrange insurance against any damage you might accidentally cause to the Landlord's property or contents. The Landlord will have insurance for the building and his own contents against normal perils such as fire, theft and flood. This cover will not extend to cover your contents.

Who pays the council tax and other bills?

All utility bills are your responsibility except where agreed otherwise in the Tenancy Agreement. You must set up your accounts with your chosen suppliers upon moving in and close those accounts at the end - we will ask for confirmation that final bills have been paid. Many rural properties will have private drainage systems such as septic tanks - you will be asked to empty the tank before vacating the property.

Can I have pets?

Most landlords will not allow pets especially in flats and appartments. If you have a pet and would like to be considered for a tenancy you must inform us at the outset. Some landlords, under certain circumstances, will accept pets but usualy with a higher deposit. Having a pet without consent is a breach of your tenancy agreement.

What references will you ask for?

In all cases we will ask for your address history so that we can carry out a search via our prefered Credit Reference Agency. We will also approach your current Landlord or Agent (if you are renting) as well as obtaining a written reference from your Employer. If you are self-employed we will ask for your Accountants details and/or recent accounts. We have special provisions in place for Overseas Tenants. If you think your situation is unusual, just ask our staff.

When might I need a Guarantor?

If the referencing agency advices or if you will be in receipt of a housng allowance, or for some other reason, we may ask for a guarantor to support your tenancy. This is a serious commitment, as the guarantor will be as responsible as the tenant for all of your tenancy obligations including rent. Guarantors will need to demonstrate that they have sufficient financial secuity to cover both their own financial commitments as well as your rent. We will usually ask for a reference for your guarantor in the same way as the actual Tenant and there will be a 'Guarantor Reference' fee is payable.

Do I pay a deposit, how much will it be and will I get it back?

The deposit is normally about 125% of one months rent. So a rent of £400pcm will require a deposit of £500. Where we manage the property, the deposit is held in a bonded client account in accordance with RICS and ARLA and government regulations. This means that it is protected both during and after your tenancy and when you leave we will negotiate any proposed deductions helping Tenant and Landlord to reach agreement. All deposits now have to be protected by law so if you are considering renting through a private landlord or another Agent, ensure you satisfy yourself that they are complying by asking them which Tenancy Deposit Scheme they are registered with.

Will an  application be considered from an applicant receiving Housing Allowance?

Yes - we will accept applications from tenants who receive Housing Allowance - just let us know prior to complete the application form - in these circumstances we will usually ask for a guarantor agreement. 

Will we consider applications from smokers?

All Landlords have a no - smoking policy. This means you and your guests will not be allowed to smoke in the property (including common parts in blocks of flats and appartments). Some Landlords will additional to the above not let to anyone who smokes. There is a difference between 'no smoking' and 'no smokers' - make sure you correctly complete this section on the aplication form.

How do I pay the rent?

Rent is paid monthly in advance by standing order from your bank. This is a worry-free way of ensuring you never fall behind in your rental payments. Be sure to tell us if your circumstances change, for instance you change banks or your employment situation changes as we can then help you to protect your tenancy. The last thing we want is for you to fall into arrears. You can also pay by debit card at the office or over the phone.

How much money do I need to move into a property?

Before your tenancy begins we require the first month's rent, deposit and fee in cleared funds. You can pay by Debit or Credit card, bank transfer, bankers' draft or building society cheque. Personal cheques can only be used if they are paid ten days in advance, in order to clear. You will be given details in writing before taking up the tenancy.


If you have viewed one of our properties and now wish to formally apply, please print off the full PDF form from the list below below and e-mail or by post to Lettings Manager, Tudor Estate Agents, Plas Y Ward, Pwllheli, Gwynedd. LL53 5DA

The application forms are also available on line here

Further Useful information for Tenants here